Little Seed has become very interested in bees so I am taking this as our main focus this week.
I am starting the blog up again as a focus now for my second preschool son.
We found a dead bumble bee in the garden and that sparked his interest.
We started with making bees from paper plates.
We made several to fix onto the window.
Then we made honeycomb from an egg carton and painted it yellow.
When it is dry we are going to put tiny eggs made of rice in them...and watch them grow!
We will act out the worker bees/ drones/ nursing type bees, etc.
We made honeycomb from tessellating shapes
Mellisa and Doug shapes set
Added 20 bee beads from Ebay
Dandelion prints because they are so abundant in our garden.
It reminded me of this post I did a few years ago:
so we made some Dandelion Cookies again.
They were delicious.
By some magic synchronicity..there was a kid's Bee production on at the local theatre.
What a great day for bees!