Tuesday 20 September 2011

Autumn Applique T-Shirts



The majority of mums seem to buy their children's clothes from 2 main stores.
Also as a mum of boys I seem to have the narrow choice of trucks, trains, monsters, or cheeky monkeys!
I would like more natural images which are so rare unless they are uber-designer...



So I made my own set for Autumn.
I bought a set of 4 plain long-sleeved t-shirts from Marks and Spencer
and lovingly browsed around Spoonflower fabric designs for lovely samples.


They arrive in the post and I await inspiration over the week.
This one is called "Splat".
The fabric is a lovely watercolour paint print.


Tree with branches back-stitched in place.


Squirrel...my favourite for Little Seed...


and Big Seed.


Why not rebel against the masses and make some sweet designs for your little ones?

x
 Have you entered our book giveaway while you are here?


5 comments:

  1. These are gorgeous!
    L x

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are adorable! I know what you mean about the limited designs in boys clothes. I have to try applique. I know my boys would love it!

    Becca

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the tree! All of them are beautiful! I love to applique onto plain t-shirts as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely idea, much nicer than having the same as every other kid :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful idea, this would be such a fun project!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...