Monday 28 March 2011

Mother Earth and Spring Flower Fairies



"Each of the root-children chose her own colour to make a dress.
The snowdrop chose a snow-white cloth, the forget-me-knot a sky blue piece, the buttercup bright yellow, the daisy white with yellow and a bit of red, and the poppy a bright red."



"As soon as you're ready, I'll unlock and open the doors up to the ground."


"At last it was really Springtime!"

Inspired by "The Story of the Root Children" by Sibylle Von Olfers
I made some peg fairies and Mother Earth.

I left them, to dry overnight and when I came downstairs they were covered
in specks of paint from each other.
I asked if the boys had been banging them together?
"Yeah, they have been kissing!"

What can you say... they now have an antique effect.

Nice!
x

5 comments:

  1. Oh, so darling (and how sweet that they've been kissing!)

    xo
    MB

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kissing - bless them!

    We love the root children too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally coolness. Hah I just love it.

    Namaste, Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful idea, and how cute is it that the little root children were "kissing." So sweet. : )

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...