Tuesday 16 November 2010

We Are Making A Boy's Dolls House

I had asked Daddy Seed if he would make one of those amazing open-plan wooden fairy/gnome
houses...

I went out one day and came back to this!!



OK, it's not open plan but it is fantastic!
He made it with Big Seed one afternoon.
A plywood box with two floors and a secret floor in the attic.

Check out the fireman's pole and the tree to climb in between floors!
A real boyish house, that's not pink and plastic.



Here are the stairs made from a branch from the garden and one of the residents
who can't wait to move in, checking on development.

I am wondering as Big Seed will have input in making it, will he like playing with it more?
We shall see.

Next up...furniture.

3 comments:

  1. Oh that is awesome! We bought the boys a barn from Finns and Flowers on Etsy for the upcoming Solstice. I really hope they like it. I also got them a very gender neutral dollhouse from craigslist. Whee! (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. I ordered two of these little hand knit gnome hammocks from Etsy artist aewooden's shop (I could see one fitting in perfectly in your new gnome home!!)

    http://www.etsy.com/listing/36795914/blue-color-wooden-gnome-with-blue

    xoxo pink and green mama,
    MaryLea

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous. My son is getting a doll house from Santa (the Plan Toys Eco ). We have received so many weird looks when we've told this to family and friends. I hate gender stereotypes.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...